1st Access Insurance Policy
Here at 1st Access, it is our priority to keep your valuable belongings safe and secure. However, even with 24/7 security monitoring our grounds, accidents can happen, and most home insurance policies will not cover you. All parties should have peace of mind when storing goods, so you must arrange adequate insurance.
Please be aware that we do not arrange insurance on stored goods unless specifically instructed by you to do so. When thinking about what is best for you, explore all insurance options and the depth of cover you require.
Why take out insurance?
Each customer has varying needs and requirements, so a tailored policy is essential to make sure you can protect what is important to you. It is necessary to consider all possibilities such as fire, accidents in neighbouring storage units and natural disasters to name just a few. Make sure you are prepared for the worst, so there are no nasty surprises.
As part of our promise to you, we will provide you with a full license agreement before you store your goods with us, following the BAR Standards of Storage.
We have outlined some key points from our agreement and the BAR Standards of Storage. Please call our team if you have any questions.
Key Agreement Points
We do not insure your goods, however, we do offer standard liability if specified.
- Storage of goods in the unit is at your sole risk.
- We exclude all liability in respect of loss or damage relating to Normal Perils.
- Normal Perils in this condition means loss of or damage to goods caused by fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, storm, flood, bursting &/or leaking pipes, theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry or exit.
You (or anyone else) must not store any of the following in the Unit:
- food or perishable goods unless securely packed so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin
- birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures
- combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents
- firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition
- chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents
- toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature;
- any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour
- any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained
- compressed gases
Your Responsibility (BAR Standards of Storage)
It will be your sole responsibility to:
- Declare to us, in writing, the value of the goods being stored. It is understood that the total value of all goods stored in your unit will not at any time exceed that declared value
- Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods placed into storage
- Ensure that the unit is suitable for the storage of your goods
- Prepare and pack adequately all goods prior to their storage to ensure they withstand the normal rigours of storage
- Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers; The customer should drain fluids from washing machines, dishwashers, lawnmowers or any other appliances
- Provide us with a contact address for correspondence during storage of goods
- Provide your own padlock and ensure the unit is locked and secure at all times. Unless otherwise agreed in writing we will not be responsible for locking any unlocked padlocks and cannot hold keys on your behalf and we do not accept any liability for any person including our employee or agent with whom you leave your key
- Inform us immediately of any damage or defect to your unit
- Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these responsibilities.
- Whilst on the site you must at all times comply with the reasonable directions of any of our employees, agents and contractors regarding the safety and security of your unit and the site.
We will provide you with our full agreement when you go ahead with securing your unit, however, if you have any specific questions regarding self storage options in Peterborough, do not hesitate to contact us.