Self Storage in Peterborough
Whether you’re between moves, downsizing or having a much-needed declutter, sometimes you just need a little extra space. With our self storage Peterborough services, you can hire a convenient home-from-home for your personal or commercial items.
Ranging in size from 25 to 150 square feet, we have plenty of options to suit any size removal or clear-out. We provide both personal storage units and containers to suit a variety of storage purposes, and even offer a specialised document archiving service for local businesses. So, whether you need to store luggage, personal belongings, business equipment or stock, 1st Access has you covered.
Why Choose 1st Access Self Storage Peterborough?
Here at 1st Access, we understand that you’re looking for a great-value, secure and – crucially – hassle-free service. So that’s exactly what we provide. Here are just a few of the reasons why we’re one of the leading providers of self storage in Peterborough…
- Round-the-clock security: Storing valuable or sentimental items? You can do so with total peace of mind with 1st Access. Not only is our facility monitored at all hours by an extensive network of CCTV cameras, we always have security staff on-site to keep your stuff safe – and only you will have access to your unit.
- Incredible prices: With a range of attractive deals available to suit your needs, it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg to get the space you need! You’ll be surprised by just how affordable it is.
No contracts – total flexibility: Unlike with some other providers, with 1st Access you won’t have to enter into a contract when you sign up. If you want to leave us, you’ll be able to do so at any time – and we’ll refund you for any weeks you’ve paid for but not used.
- 24-hour access available: Flexibility is a priority for us here at 1st Access – just like it is for you. That’s why beyond our regular opening hours, we offer extended and 24-hour access, allowing you to access your items whenever you want to.
- Independent and family-run: Unlike many nationwide chains, we provide a personal touch and friendly customer service you can count on. It’s partly why we have so many five-star reviews!
- Over three decades of experience: We’ve been in the business since 1990, making us one of the area’s most experienced and well-established providers of secure self storage.
- Completing moving service available: Need a hand moving your items into and out of your unit? Not a problem – our team of experienced movers are here to help.
- Quick online quotes: It’s quick and easy to get a quote with us – and you don’t even need to pick up the phone. Complete the process online and we’ll send you a price in double quick time.
What Our Customers Think
Picking The Right Self-Storage Unit For Your Needs
How do you know what size unit you require? We can help you calculate the perfect size of storage so you won’t overspend or struggle to fit everything inside. With our size suggestions below, we’ve made it easy to estimate your space and choose the right type of storage according to your needs.
What Are The Different Unit Sizes?
25 Sq. Ft. – Quarter of standard garage
The smallest in our facility, 25 sq ft storage units are suitable for housing around 30 medium boxes and several household appliances, including a washing machine, a fridge and a microwave.
35 Sq. Ft. – Third of standard garage
Our 35 sq ft storage units are equal in size to one-third of a standard single garage, and can house 25-30 medium boxes plus a dining table, six chairs and some smaller appliances (like a microwave).
50 Sq. Ft. – Half a standard garage or studio flat
Our 50 sq ft storage unit can store 20 medium boxes, a fridge-freezer, microwave, two-seater sofa, double bed, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet, plus a TV and home entertainment system.
75 Sq. Ft. – 1 bedroom flat
Perfect for storing the contents of a 1 bedroom flat. Inside a 75 sq ft storage unit, you’ll fit 20-25 medium boxes, all of the items listed above plus a table and four chairs, a wall cabinet, a two-seater sofa and an armchair.
100 Sq.Ft. – 2 bedroom flat
If you’re looking to store the contents of a 2 bedroom flat, our 100 sq ft storage units are ideal for you. You can fit 30 medium boxes inside and all of the above items, plus a single bed, a small chest of drawers and single wardrobe or home office equipment.
125 Sq.Ft. – 2 bedroom house
Our 125 sq ft storage units are suitable for storing the contents of a 2 bedroom home. Inside, there’s space for 35-40 medium boxes and all of the above items, plus two sofas, two double beds, four bedside cabinets and garden equipment/furniture.
150 Sq.Ft. – 3 bedroom house
Moving from a 3 bedroom house? The 150 sq ft storage unit is for you. It can accommodate 40 medium boxes and all of the above items, plus one double bed and two singles, four chests of drawers, one double and two single wardrobes.
175 Sq. Ft. – 4 bedroom house
These larger 175 sq ft storage units are ideal for those moving from a 4 bedroom house. There’s enough space inside to store 40 medium boxes and all of the items listed above, as well as a sofa bed, home office equipment and a coffee table.
200 Sq. Ft. – 5 bedroom house
Need to store the entire contents of a larger family home? No problem! With our largest 200 sq ft storage unit, you’ll have all the room you need for you and your family’s belongings. This size of unit can house 50 medium boxes and all of the items listed above.
Still not sure what size storage you need?
Give our friendly team a call. We can talk you through the items you’re looking to store and give you an accurate space estimate for our range of self-storage containers and units.
Secure your storage unit today
We offer different self-storage prices and storage deals based on the unit size you need. Be sure to get a quote to see how much you can save.
How Does it Work?
When it comes to picking and moving in to the right storage unit, we have you covered. It really couldn’t be easier.
- Find the right storage unit for your needs using our size guide. Once you know what you need, it’s time for a free quote!
- Hit ‘Get a Quote’ to receive a free, no obligation quote which we will email to you.
- Book your unit online or call our team to arrange a viewing and pay for it at our location.
- Choose a self-storage insurance plan to suit the items you’re storing. If you need advice, we can help.
- Now it’s time to move your belonging in. We also offer a move-in and out service that can help.
If you’re ready, get started today with your free quote for our self storage facility.
Read More About Our Peterborough Storage Units
Unless you already have contents insurance that covers the items you store away from home, we’d recommend getting insurance to cover the replacement cost, particularly for higher value items or business stock. We can provide insurance covering items up to a value of £25,000.
Yes, we can. We offer a complete move in, move out service in partnership with Reads Removals, a five star-rated company based in Peterborough which was established in 1924. They can move all of your items into and out of your unit safely, efficiently and for a great price. Speak to our team for more information.
Absolutely – we have a number of commercial clients who store all manner of equipment and items relating to their business with us. Some business owners even use our units to store excess stock.
There is a list of prohibited items which we can’t accept. These include:
- Food or perishable goods unless securely packed
- Animals and living creatures
- Combustible or flammable items
- Explosives, weapons or ammunition
- Chemicals, radioactive materials or biological agents
- Toxic waste and asbestos
- Items with a strong, unpleasant odour
- Illegal substances or items
- Goods that have been illegally obtained
For more information on prohibited items, please read our Advice Hub article on the subject.
Our Storage Advice Hub is packed with useful tips and ideas; head over there for comprehensive guidance on a range of self storage-related topics. If you need more specific advice, please contact our team and we’ll do our best to help.
With 1st Access Self Store you can move in and out as you please. You decide how long to hire with us. When you leave your unit, you will be required to sign an exit form so that we can check if you have any completed weeks left that can be refunded to your account.
You can have 24 hour access to your self-storage unit.
Yes, they are – our self storage facility is kept secure at all times with 24 hour CCTV in operation.
Yes, but you must defrost and/or drain the water out of them beforehand to avoid causing damage to the storage unit.
Yes, you can – you don’t have to use the insurance we can provide. We are able to cover items up to the value of £25,000.