How Do You Pack a Storage Unit?
If you recently invested in a local storage unit, congratulations on decluttering your home or office! Self storage is ideal for creating more space when you need it, but sadly most people don’t know how to maximise their investment when filling their lockers. If you want to get the best return on investment for your storage unit, learn how to strategically pack a storage locker now. We’ll help you pack your storage unit like a pro!
How to Pack a Storage Unit
Maximising the space in a storage unit is easier than you think. Just follow the helpful tips below to see the difference a well-organised storage unit can make!
When packing a storage unit:
- Put the items you think you’ll need most at the front of your storage unit for quick and easy access. Anything you don’t expect to use, move it toward the back.
- Put clear, detailed labels on boxes. Label your boxes by room and write which items are inside each box. This way you’ll know exactly where to find what you need, when you need it.
- Be sure to leave a clear pathway down the middle of your storage unit. That way you can walk up and down your locker should you need to retrieve something from the back.
- Put the heaviest boxes on the floor and the lightest boxes on top to avoid items getting crushed.
- Dismantle furniture to save space in your storage unit. If you can’t remove drawers or shelves, utilise the space by placing boxes in or on them!
- Invest in plastic or metal hanging racks to avoid packing your clothes in boxes.
Looking for more storage tips and tricks? Contact 1st Access Self Storage! Our team can answer all your self storage and commercial storage questions. Call us today at 01733 828018 to see why we’re the self storage experts!