Found yourself with a large collection of small items? If you’ve run out of space at home to store them, self storage may be exactly what you’ve been looking for.
To answer the question posed in the title, no – self storage isn’t just for large items. It’s commonly used to store things like sofas, tables and appliances, sure – but that’s not all you can keep inside one of our units.
In fact, you can keep pretty much anything you like in your unit, the only exceptions being:
- Food or perishable goods unless securely packed so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures
- Combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents
- Firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition
- Chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents
- Toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature;
- Any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour
- Any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained
- Compressed gases
Commonly stored items
People use their self storage units to keep all kinds of small items, from home or office accessories right the way through to collectibles.
- CDs, DVDs and vinyls
- Collections of coins, figurines, models or similar
- Pieces of electrical equipment like radios or games consoles
- …and much more.
In short, whatever you’ve run out of room to keep at home, you can store in a storage unit (provided it’s not dangerous, explosive or illegal)!
Many business owners use self storage to keep surplus stock or, in some cases, use one of our units as their primary storage facility. If your (not-not-so) small business has outgrown the spare bedroom, for example, hiring a storage unit could be the ideal next step.
Get your quote today
Ready to learn more and get a price for one of our units? Visit our self storage Peterborough page for a guide to our unit sizes and complete our quick and easy online form to get a quote.